The anti-Turkish hatred fabricators and thugs and murderers of
Armenian/Greek/PKK/KADEK anti-Turkish Hatred Inc never stop in their
relentless dreams of massacring all Turks everywhere in the World. The
sub-human Greeks think repeating anti-Turkish hate propaganda
legitimize their rape, torture and murder of innocent and defenceless
Turkish human beings.
The Independence Years: 1960 - 1963.
During the 1960 - 1963 period, the Greek Cypriot leadership, through
numerous statements exposed their ulterior motives by stating that they
viewed independence as a stepping stone to ENOSIS (Union of Cyprus with
Makarios: "Independence was not the aim and purpose of the EOKA
struggle. Foreign factors have prevented the achievement of the
national goal, but this should not be a cause for sorrow. New bastions
have been conquered and from this the Greek Cypriots will march on to
complete the final victory (ENOSIS)."
Greek Cypriot Press
Makarios: ". . . Until this small community that forms part of the
Turkish race which has been the terrible enemy of Hellenism is
expelled, the duty of the heroes of EOKA cannot be considered as
Makarios: "It is true that the goal of our struggle is to annex Cyprus
in Uusi Suomi, Stockholm
Makarios: "If I have any ambition, it is to link my name with the union
of Cyprus with Greece. The expansion of Greece's boundaries up to the
shores of North Africa, through ENOSIS."
Interview with "Apoyevmatini"
September 8th, 1964
"The assertion by Mr. Christides (May 10, 1999) that there was no
ethnic cleansing or attempted genocide of Turkish Cypriots by Greek
Cypriots is ridiculous. Until influential Greek Cypriots come to terms
with the appalling behavior of their community toward the smaller
Turkish Cypriot community and stop trying to persuade themselves and
the world that each side was as much to blame as the other, there will
be no reconciliation in Cyprus."
Michael Stephen, British
"Makarios's central interest was to block off Turkish intervention so
that he and his Greek Cypriots could go on happily massacring Turkish
Cypriots. Obviously we would never permit that. "The fact is, however,
that neither the United Nations, nor anyone, other than Turkey ever
took effective action to prevent it."
Undersecretary of State
"Greek Cypriot fanatics appear bent on a policy of genocide."
the Washington Post, Feb. 17,
"I was convinced that if Archbishop Makarios could not bring himself to
treat the Turkish Cypriots as human beings he was inviting the invasion
and partition of the island."
On July 28, 1960 Makarios, the Greek Cypriot president, said: "The
independence agreements do not form the goal they are the present and
the future. The Greek Cypriot people will continue their national cause
shape their future in accordance with THEIR will."
In a speech on Sept. 4, 1962 at Panayia Makarios said, "Until this
community forming part of the Turkish race that has been the terrible
of Hellenism is expelled, the duty of the heroes of EOKA can never be
"When the Turkish Cypriots objected to the amendment of the
Makarios put his plan into effect, and the Greek Cypriot attack began
December 1963," wrote Lt. Gen. George Karayiannis of The Greek Cypriot
militia ("Ethnikos Kiryx" 15.6.65). The general was referring to the
notorious "Akritas" plan, which was the blueprint for the annihilation
the Turkish Cypriots and the annexation of the island to Greece.
On Dec. 28, 1963, the Daily Express carried the following report from
Cyprus: "We went tonight into the sealed-off Turkish Cypriot quarter of
Nicosia in which 200 to 300 people had been slaughtered in the last
days. We were the first Western reporters there, and we have seen
frightful to be described in print. Horror was so extreme that the
seemed stunned beyond tears."
On Dec. 31, 1963, The Guardian reported: "It is nonsense to claim, as
Greek Cypriots do, that all casualties were caused by fighting between
men of both sides. On Christmas Eve many Turkish Cypriot people were
brutally attacked and murdered in their suburban homes, including the
and children of a doctor-allegedly by a group of 40 men, many in army
and greatcoats." Although the Turkish Cypriots fought back as best they
could and killed some militia, there were no massacres of Greek Cypriot
On Jan. 1, 1964, the Daily Herald reported: "When I came across the
Cypriot homes they were an appalling sight. Apart from the walls they
did not exist. I doubt if a napalm attack could have created more
devastation. Under roofs springs, children's cots, and gray ashes of
had once been tables, chairs and wardrobes. In the neighboring village
Ayios Vassilios I counted 16 wrecked and burned out homes. They were
Turkish Cypriot's. In neither village did I find a scrap of damage to
Greek Cypriot house."
On Jan. 12, 1964, the British High Commission in Nicosia wrote in a
to London: "The Greek [Cypriot] police are led by extremist who
fighting and deliberately engaged in atrocities. They have recruited
their ranks as 'special constables' gun-happy young thugs. They
try and punish any Turkish Cypriot police who wishes to return to the
Government... Makarios assured Sir Arthur Clark that there will be no
attack. His assurance is as worthless as previous assurances have
On Jan. 14, 1964, the Daily Telegraph reported that the Turkish Cypriot
inhabitants of Ayios Vassilios had been massacred on Dec. 26, 1963 and
reported their exhumation from a mass grave in the presence of the Red
Cross. A further massacre of Turkish Cypriots, at Limassol, was
The Observer on Feb. 16, 1964; and there were many more.
On Feb. 15, 1964, the Daily Telegraph reported: "It is a real military
operation which the Greek Cypriots launched against the 6,000
the Turkish Cypriot quarter yesterday morning. A spokesman for the
Cypriot government has recognized this officially. It is hard to
how Greek and Turkish Cypriots may seriously contemplate working
after all that has happened."
On Sept. 10, 1964, the U.N. Secretary-General reported that "UNFICYP"
carried out a detailed survey of all damage to properties throughout
island during the disturbances... It shows that in 109 villages, most
them Turkish-Cypriot or mixed villages, 527 houses have been destroyed
2,000 others have suffered damage from looting. In Ktima 38 houses and
have been destroyed totally and 122 partially. In the Orphomita suburb
Nicosia, 50 houses have been totally destroyed while a further 240 have
partially destroyed there and in adjacent suburbs."
The U.K. House of Commons Select Committee on Foreign Affairs reviewed
Cyprus question in 1987 and reported unanimously on July 2 of that year
"although the Cyprus Government now claims to have been merely seeking
'operate the 1960 Constitution modified to the extent dictated by the
necessities of the situation,' this claim ignores the fact that both
and after the events o#, December 1963 the Makarios Government
advocate the cause of ENOSIS and actively pursued the amendment of the
Constitution and the related treaties to facilitate this ultimate
The committee continued: "Moreover, in June 1967 the Greek Cypriot
legislature unanimously passed a resolution in favor of enosis, in
contravention of the 1960 Treaties and Constitution." (Art. I of the
of Guarantee prohibited any action likely to directly or indirectly
union with any other state or partition of the island, and Art. 185(2)
the Constitution is to similar effect.)
Professor Ernst Forsthoff, the neutral president of the Supreme
Constitutional Court of Cyprus, told Die Welt on Dec. 27, 1963:
bears on his shoulders the sole responsibility for the recent tragic
His aim is to deprive the Turkish community of their rights". In an
interview with the UPI press agency on Dec. 30, 1963 he said, "All this
happened because Makarios wanted to take away all constitutional rights
the Turkish Cypriots."
More than 300 Turkish Cypriots are still missing without trace from
massacres of 1963/64. These dreadful events were not the responsibility
"the Greek Colonels" of 1974 or an unrepresentative handful of Greek
extremists. The persecution of the Turkish Cypriots was an act of
the part of the Greek Cypriot political and religious leadership, which
to this day made no serious attempt to bring the murderers to justice.
The UK Commons Select Committee found that "there is little doubt that
of the violence which the Turkish Cypriots claim led to the total or
destruction of 103 Turkish villages and the displacement of about a
of the total Turkish Cypriot population was either directly inspired
connived at, by the Greek Cypriot leadership."
The UN secretary-general reported to the Security Council: "When the
disturbances broke out in December 1963 and continued during the first
of 1964, thousands of Turkish Cypriots fled their homes, taking with
only what they could drive or carry, and sought refuge in safer
On Jan. 14, 1964, "ll Giorno" of Italy reported: "Right now we are
witnessing the exodus of Turkish Cypriots from the villages. Thousands
people abandoning homes, land, herds. Greek Cypriot terrorism is
This time the rhetoric of the Hellenes and the statues of Plato do not
up their barbaric and ferocious behavior."
There were further attacks on the Turkish Cypriots in 1967. In 1971,
Grivas returned to Cyprus to form EOKA-B, which was again committed to
making Cyprus a wholly Greek island and annexing it to Greece. In a
to the Greek Cypriot armed forces at the time (quoted in "New Cyprus,"
1987) Grivas said: "The Greek forces from Greece have come to Cyprus in
order to impose the will of the Greeks of Cyprus upon the Turks. We
ENOSIS but the Turks are against it. We shall impose our will. We are
strong, and we shall do so."
By July 15, 1974, a powerful force of mainland Greek troops had
Cyprus and with their backing, the Greek Cypriot National Guard
Makarios and installed one Nicos Sampson as "president." On July 22,
Washington Star News reported: "Bodies littered the streets and there
mass burials... People told by Makarios to lay down their guns were
the National Guard."
On April 17, 1991, Ambassador Nelson Ledsky testified before the U.S.
Foreign Relations Committee that "most of the 'missing persons'
in the first days of July 1974, before the Turkish intervention on the
Many killed on the Greek side were killed by Greek Cypriots in fighting
between supporters of Makarios and Sampson."
On Nov. 6, 1974, Ta Nea reported that dates from the graves of Greek
Cypriots killed in the five days between July 15-20 were erased in
blame these deaths on the subsequent Turkish military action.
On March 3, 1996, the Greek Cypriot Cyprus Mail wrote: "(Greek) Cypriot
governments have found it convenient to conceal the scale of atrocities
during the July 15 coup in an attempt to downplay its contribution to
tragedy of the summer of 1974 and instead blame the Turkish invasion
casualties. There can be no justification for any government that
investigate this sensitive humanitarian issue. The shocking admission
Clerides government that there are people buried in Nicosia cemetery
still included in the list of the 'missing' is the last episode of a
drama which has been turned into a propaganda tool."
On Oct. 19 1996, Mr. Georgios Lanitis wrote: "I was serving with the
Information Service of the Republic of Cyprus in London... I deeply
apologize to all those I told that there are 1,619 missing persons. I
them. I was made a liar, deliberately, by the government of Cyprus .
today it seems that the credibility of Cyprus is nil."
The Times and The Guardian reported on Aug. 21, 1974 that in the
Tokhni on Aug. 14, 1974 all the Turkish Cypriot men between the ages of
and 74, except for eighteen who managed to escape, were taken away and
There were also reports that in Zyyi on the same day all the
men aged between 19 an 38 were taken away and were never seen again and
Greek-Cypriots opened fire on the Turkish-Cypriot neighborhood of
killing men, women, and children indiscriminately.
On July 23, 1974, the Washington Post reported that "in a Greek raid on
small Turkish village near Limassol 36 people out of a population of
were killed. The Greeks said that they had been given orders to kill
inhabitants of the Turkish villages before the Turkish forces arrived."
Times and The Guardian also reported on the killings.
"The Greeks began to shell the Turkish quarter on Saturday, refugees
Kazan Dervis, a Turkish Cypriot girl aged 15, said she had been staying
her uncle. The [Greek Cypriot] National Guard came into the Turkish
and shooting began. She saw her uncle and other relatives taken away as
prisoners, and later heard her uncle had been shot." (Times 23.7.74)
On July 28, 1974 the New York Times reported that 14 Turkish-Cypriot
been shot in Alaminos. On July 24, 1974 France Soir reported that "the
Greeks burned Turkish mosques and set fire to Turkish homes in the
around Famagusta. Defenseless Turkish villagers who have weapons live
atmosphere of terror and they evacuate their homes and go and live in
in the forest. The Greeks' actions are a shame to humanity."
The German newspaper Die Zeit wrote on Aug. 30, "The massacre of
Cypriots in Paphos and Famagusta is the proof of how justified the
were to undertake their intervention."
"Turkish Cypriots, who had suffered from physical attacks since 1963,
on the guarantor powers to prevent a Greek conquest of the island. When
Britain did nothing Turkey invaded Cyprus and occupied its northern
Turkish Cypriots have constitutional right on their side and
fear a renewal of persecution if the Turkish army withdraws", the Daily
Telegraph wrote on Aug. 15, 1996.
"Turkey intervened to protect the lives and property of the
Turkish-Cypriots, and to its credit it has done just that. In the 12
since, there have been no killings and no massacres" Lord Willis
told the House of Lords on Dec. 17, 1986.
On March 12, 1977, Makarios declared, "It is in the name of ENOSIS that
Cyprus has been destroyed."